Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Lessons from giving a workshop Introduction Spring

Yesterday I lectured a small group of students at the Hogeschool of Amsterdam to introduce them into the wonders of the Spring framework. To my surprise it was quite hard to convert the abstract ideas from Spring in to something lively and concrete.

Luckily one of the students suggested to explain the workings of dependency injection by working through the 'hello world' application from the book 'Spring in Action'. This I did using Eclipse with all keyboard shortcuts I known.
But even then, I am not sure I could really explain why Spring is useful. Simple examples never do just to Spring's power as they are more easily written directly in Java.

I am afraid that seeing why you need Spring only comes when you are building a real application.

No comments:

Post a Comment